Friday, March 20, 2009

Cycling Blog Turns Political Blog... only one... promise...

Yes this is a cycling blog, but it also seems to be my only avenue to vent publicly (however small the readership might be) on this issue...

It is hard for me not to react to Obama's comment last night on Jay Leno about the Special Olympics... my son has Down Syndrome and I am also an athlete and look forward to my son following in my footsteps. If it is not bad enough that I don't agree with most of what Obama is doing right now nor do I respect his abandonment of all pro-life programs and his celebration of all pro-choice campaigns, now he is actually making fun of the Special Olympics on national television. This is a third grade, school yard comment... it is really hard to believe that our commander in chief could say this at all... but especially in public... and on public television for all to see...

To cross-reference our brilliant president, here is an article written about a true athlete...

The top bowler for the Special Olympics looks forward to meeting President Barack Obama in an alley.

"He bowled a 129. I bowl a 300. I could beat that score easily," Michigan's Kolan McConiughey told The Associated Press in an interview Friday.

The athletic-minded president made an offhand remark Thursday on "The Tonight Show" comparing his weak bowling to "the Special Olympics or something." He quickly apologized and told the Special Olympics chairman he wants to have some of its athletes visit the White House to bowl or play basketball.

McConiughey, who is mentally disabled, is just the bowler for the job. He's bowled five perfect games since 2005.

The 35-year-old McConiughey has been bowling since he was 8 or 9. His advice for Obama? Practice every day.

Thanks, Obama... thanks for invitation to come bowl with you at the White House... that makes it all better...

1 comment:

chetmcdougal said...

what further angers me about the entire thing it that it's buried on page 10. no public outrage. it's ignored b/c he's the chosen one.