Monday, September 28, 2009

Winter Training

Racing is over for the season. Nothing noteworthy really sent me into winter other than the end of the racing season and a trip to the beach following right behind my last race. Coming off a long run of bad luck- two of my last three races ended in mechanicals- I took off a week and sat around drinking beer at the beach. I ate like a pig and was lazy as I have been for a long time.

After that, me and two teammates (Bob and Drew) went through the certification course for the local velodrome (1 hour from Macon). Nothing really noteworthy happened there either other than it was a blast and something I will use to bring on the race legs in late February/early March next year for sure.

For the past month, I have been mixing off days with maybe 1 medium hard day and some easy days between each week with no real focus. I played tennis a few times... I worked on projects around the house... caught up on family time.

But now winter has officially started... winter training that is. I am changing computers, so I have still got to figure out what my CTL is (got to be really bad) and set the stage for that, but I have already decided how I will address training this winter. I will start with generalities and be more specific in coming posts...

September- Stupid easy
October- L2/L3
November- L3
December- L4
January- L5
February- L6
March- Race

No comments: