Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Right when I start to get disappointed...

I looked back over some other data from this season versus last season. For those that dont know, I have no faith that my power meter is measuring wattage precisely, but I am certain that it does measure accurately... I think that is right... I mean that it measures correctly high around 15 Watts everytime... it is repeatably high the same amount. Therefore, all of my graphs show data as a percentage of FTP (threshold power), thereby canceling out this problem and allowing me to view this offseason and last offseason in the same light...
Last Season

This Season


Here is a table with the exact numbers. I plotted my time in each of the training zones from October to the end of the year for 2007 and 2008. I thought the numbers were very promising. I know that my threshold has increased this offseason... and I have spent a lot more time training overall (16 hours) and have spent much more time in the areas that I wanted to... I nearly doubled my time in TE/L3, TH/L4, and VM/L5 (a little surprised at this... may be due to the change in threshold from week to week) while holding anaerobic work constant and going down on active recovery time. Surprisingly, I actually added a true recovery ride into my training this season each week instead of taking it completely off. Still, with my focus on constantly working when training, it has resulted it decreasing this number overall.

Even with my setbacks as of late, I should expect to be in better overall condition this season than last... no reason to be overly dramatic just yet... sometimes I have got to remind myself...

No comments: