Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Good ride... Much better...

I rode Tuesday Worlds last night... most of the guys from our team were taking it easy or were not riding due to the Tour of Atlanta... the racing starts on Thursday. The ride was uneventful and I really did not feel quite right.

I went out today at lunch and really felt pretty good at the start... my legs were a little slow to wake up after last nights effort, but that was expected. My left leg felt strong without thought. Five minutes into the ride, I looked down at my power meter when I was pulling and my power meter said 345 Watts... I thought it would say 270 Watts or so. This kept happening over and over. I started pulling while watching my power meter and was averaging 325 Watts for a few minutes and didn't feel bad. At around 20 minutes in, I look down to see that my NP for the effort so far was 285 Watts. Why not go for a new FTP? Today is as good a day as any...

So I worked hard. It dropped steadily throughout the rest of the ride and ended up at 272 Watts... up 7 Watts in a week. I will settle for no less improvement than that each week from now until I race at the end of June!

No comments: