Thursday, May 22, 2008

I SHOT THE ALBATROSS!

Rime of the Ancient Mariner... This is an old poem that we read in highschool. The poem has always stuck with me even though I have not seen it in 15 years. It is a story of an aged mariner that tells his story to a groom prior to his wedding. The mariner, while traveling to the south pole, and in tough times, has an albatross join him on his journey. He and his crew celebrate the omen for a while, and then, to his crew's chagrin, he shoots the albatross with a crossbow.

Suffice to say that a lot of weird stuff happens to the mariner as the albatross is avenged... the crew hangs a dead bird around his neck... a ship with a dead crew arrives... his crew dies and is brought back to life by the Holy Mother...

I have forsaken my power meter! It is gone to be moved to my new racing steed and will not be used for the next 5-6 days while my horse is built up. I am still riding every day on the old bike, but the ergomo is sitting in a box before boarding my new frame. The power meter was working in my favour over the last few days, and I hope that this move does not work against me or my crew (Security Bank) over the next few weeks. The last thing I need is the team to hang a dead ergomo around my neck (no support in the US... haven't you heard!), and drop dead waiting for the Holy Mother to save them! Most of those guys are Protestants anyway!!!!!

No comments: