Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pretty Good Week...

Got shelled on the Tuesday night ride. Went out Wednesday at lunch for an allout hour. It was a hard ride after a hard ride on Tuesday... NP = 297 Watts for an hour. Not too far from my guess at my FTP right now. Took off Thursday- family responsibility. Went out Friday with what was planned to be an easy effort, but wound up riding harder than I thought I would... NP = 280 Watts for an hour.

I went out with some guys from the team this morning and did a laid back effort for 3 hours. Worked through some rotations on the home stretch and those worked me over pretty quick, but the overall ride was good.

I noticed this past week that my seat had fallen around a half inch. I expect it happened on the trip to or from Florida (unweighted vibration on the rack causes it to fall... it has happened before) and I didn't notice it until this week. Maybe this could be some of the reason my legs have felt so strange. When I raised my seat up, it felt like heaven... I couldn't believe the difference. Maybe it will help... who knows...

Either way, I am having fun on the bike again... I am encouraged to work harder and cut weight and try to get back on task. I have porked up to 187 lbs... from around 179 earlier in this season... and I was on the way down then. Diet starts back Monday...

No comments: