Wednesday, March 5, 2008

TT Bike Tune in...

Alright, I got the TT bike ready tonight. My experience with TT is that I bought a bike through an ebayer that was selling me a computrainer. The guy had a litespeed with 650c wheels (disc in back) that looked pretty sweet. I know nothing about TT bikes other than it looked good and fast and I needed a bike and it seemed like a good deal.

I got the bike and never felt natural on it. I rode it in two or three TTs and really underperformed in all of them (I thought). Over and over, I hear friends talking about riding their Cervelos... like that was something different from my TT bike... like riding a Cervelo was fun or rewarding or fast or something. They actually seemed to like it.

So, of course, I sold the old TT litespeed for a Cervelo... monkey see, monkey do...

I got it set up for me tonight... dialed it in... reset the components from shipping... set the handlebars...set the saddle fore aft position and height... everything...

I went out for a test run tonight... 10:00 with a head lamp on Pate Road in the 30 degree weather with some wind and my TT helmet. It felt extremely fast and extremely comfortable. Was it in my head... maybe, but I don't think so. It just felt powerful. No matter how many adjustments I made to my old bike, I could not get it right. Within 5 minutes of playing with my new bike... it felt right...

It might turn out to be a very interesting season... my mojo is back if you haven't noticed...

1 comment:

Yes and Not Yes said...

25% of everything has a placebo effect. Also, you raced damn hard in Albany, and after a day or two of rest, I think it's natural to feel more powerful. I felt very powerful when I went out by myself on Wednesday after resting Monday and doing an easy 50 minute ride on the trainer Tuesday.