Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Worlds and more Roubaix...

Tuesday Worlds is back. A little different than last year... the racers went out pretty well alone today and rode together while some of the other guys that typically go out with us formed their own group and rode together. My group hit it hard and had a competitive ride/race with plenty of attacks and failed breakaways. I felt good most of the time... it was tough at times, but I was able to recover between big efforts so that I was never thinking I would get dropped.

Of interest... in the RR at Albany, I noticed that my one hour normalized power maximum was at 311 Watts. Some people swear that this is as good as a one hour test (using average power) in determining FTP. Today, in the group ride, I hit 317 normalized for one hour. Does this mean that my FTP is now up to 317 Watts? Probably not that high, but I wonder if it is now higher than 302 Watts... probably... maybe I will test in a month or so and see where we are at...

OK... more on the race this weekend. The Perry-Roubaix is a three stage race... typical setup... a TT (around 10 miles), a crit (around 25 miles) and a RR (around 50 miles). In spring classic fashion and in the spirit of the real race, we race "the cobbles of Georgia"... otherwise known as a dirt road (picture right there). Last year it was crazy... it was loose and there were a lot of wrecks. Supposedly it will not be bad this year... time will tell...

No comments: