Sunday, July 19, 2009

5 Minute Max Power...

As described below, I attacked as hard as I ever have in a race in the last 5 miles of this past weekend's race. I set a new 5 minute record (and didn't get dropped because of it... actually managed 15 seconds at 800 watts in the final sprint at the tail end), which makes me laugh because of all systems that I have been training, that is the one that I have not touched. I think that this is probably the system (level) most trained in the Tuesday night group ride, which I have not ridden very much lately. I have not been racing much and only have been doing long tempo rides and hard short intervals sessions over the last couple of months. Surprisingly, this metric now tops out ahead of all others on my "power profile" chart... odd... but nice...

No comments: