Sunday, February 17, 2008

One More Theory Before I Go...

Last one...

There is one other thing. I have reflected a lot in the offseason about racing and my race team. I am a competitive guy, but I think this training program is teaching me to focus my aggression toward the race season. Right now, I have several "key workouts" each week. If I get them and hit my CTL goal, then the week was a success. The good news is that I have only missed one weekly goal since November 1st. The bad news is that I think this attitude is causing me to lose my intensity in these preseason workouts. Most of the guys are out for blood, showing off their preseason form. I, on the other hand, am a little soft. The workouts when I go out with the guys are mostly CTL fill in... they are not intensity workouts for me... I have already done those for the week when I show up.

I think this might cause me to "let it go". I think it makes me think that I will fight another day... I will get mean in a few weeks...

I dont think this is good really... my mental toughness is a little off right now. The good news... I have been focusing on the race season, and I will continue to do so. I plan to peak after Albany, but I will be going all out there and will be excited to see how it turns out.

No comments: