Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Updates on Albany Prologue Strategy...

I have kicked around my calculations with some folks. No one thinks it is possible that a Cat 4/Cat 5 could hold 32 mph with 11- 90 degree turns and a roundabout. The distance that is reported is not accurate... at least that is the theory.

I dont think I will be able to use my power meter for pacing. There are too many turns and therefore too much slowing and sprinting to make it helpful. But, the guys that did the race last year have been given me some tips for success...

  1. Dont burn out on the first uphill from the start... the adreniline is pumping and you are apt to do something stupid...
  2. Dont touch your brakes going into the turns if you want to do well... the turns look tight, but are not as tight as you think... you must take risks to do well in this race...
  3. This is a TT for crit racers... be ready to work the corners like you are in a crit breakaway closing in on the peleton and looking for the lap...
  4. It is the first race of the season... dont do anything stupid...

I will continue to comment on the race as info comes in...


No comments: