Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I have a Plan...

Here is the plan for the short term future...

Monday- I took off
Tuesday- Got killed but put in some big efforts and a hard 2 hour ride
Wednesday- 1 Hr at hard tempo... borderline FTP
Thursday- 5x5 min at VO2 Max effort
Friday- hour long workout on TT bike- Tempo- Level 3
Saturday- 65 mile tempo- Level 3
Sunday- La Grange Road Race- 68 miles
Monday- Group ride- 2 hours- Tempo plus
Tuesday- Group ride- 3 hours- road race simulation

This long block of training will hopefully start to build my form for next month. I am going to hit it as hard as I can for as long as I can and see if I can break something free. It is time to decide if I will base build through the rest of the race season, or start racing now and not look back. I will be out of town for a couple of weeks after this block and will be riding group rides all the while in Florida. I hope to come back to Macon on form or getting close...

If I see August coming close, and I am still off form, I will realize that the best way to spend training time is to take off a few weeks and start ramping up the winter base a few months early. Maybe that will put me ahead of the game in spring... guarantee two peaks next season or maybe the elusive tri-peak season... who knows...

No comments: