Sunday, June 22, 2008

Keep Pushing...

Took Friday off... mostly due to time constraints and since the TT bike was not set up for riding. Went out Saturday and ripped off 65 miles or so. Mostly easy pace, but with a few big efforts and a few semi-attacks. It was cold and it rained the entire ride. My lower back tightened up around 55 miles in and I thought I had pulled a muscle. I stetched and could not put pressure on the pedals for around 5 miles and then it loosened back up... I babied it the rest of Saturday and got on some Motrin.

I woke up this morning and it felt great... I warmed up once we got to La Grange... agian, it felt great. I raced for 65 miles and it still felt great. Who knows! I was really glad to be racing considering the way it felt when it tightened down. I took 15th in the RR today and didnt really try to contest the final sprint... we had shed the rest of the riders throughout the route and on the last uphill section to the finish. Of course, there was also a wreck in the final stretch that took some folks out...

Legs feel really good and I am excited about finishing the final two days of this power block of training I am pushing through. I would like to put in a 3 hour ride on the next two days to complete 12 hours in 4 days. Tuesday will be a racing format for Tuesday Worlds. I wonder what will happen in that ride with shredded legs. I have a guess...

1 comment:

Matt Simpson said...

Trey - hey. Great to read your blog. Good job in the RR. I will enjoy keeping up tabs on you. Never met you, but I like you. Keep the recovery well. BTW - I have 3 girls (6,4,1 1/2). Ride Safe,
Matt